This one day course provides the background knowledge for non-electrical construction site personnel, managers, supervisors, project managers, project administrators, WHS/HR managers, builders and carpenters, apprentice carpenters, tilers and roofers, plumbers, etc, to be aware of and oversee the electrical issues on a construction or demolition site.
The topics covered in this course include:
- electrical legal issues for construction and demolition sites
- general electrical safety for non-electrical workers
- types of electrical incidents, causes and management
- electrical lock out/tag out
- connecting to the network
- safe electrical installations
- extra electrical requirements for construction and demolition sites
- what electricians do wrong.
This course seeks to prevent electrical incidents at construction and demolition sites and the heartache that goes with incidents.
Trainees must attain at least 80% in every assessment to pass the course. You have 45 days to complete this course once enrolled but this can be extended.