This one day course is an introduction to electric shock investigations and also serves as a refresher for those that have already completed one of our more advanced courses some time ago.
Shocks incidents are on the increase due to such things as aging networks, failing neutral connections and poor quality and/or old appliances and other electrical equipment.
Many staff have not updated electrical skills since completing their trade and fumble their way through investigations. Litigation is on the increase, so staff need all the skills to lessen the risks.
Staff will be developing valuable skills to allow them to confidently and professionally investigate incidents and ensure electricity user safety. Our three day Electric Shock Investigation and Electrical Incident Report Writing courses follow on from doing this course as an introduction.
The course content includes:
- Revision of series and parallel circuits and how these apply to voltmeter measurements;
- The effects of current on the human body;
- Neutral‐Earth voltages and how they occur;
- The causes and solutions of electric shocks;
- Faulty connections – locating and testing;
- Electric shocks in swimming pools;
- Forensic investigation techniques;
- Testing and test instruments;
- Using a power quality logger to assist with intermittent problems or confirming problems have been resolved;
- Various shock incidents are discussed and investigated. These incidents are typical of problems that may be encountered.
Online trainees have 45 days to complete this course. This can be extended if needed.
“The course was excellent. Can’t think of anything to improve it. Highly recommended.Barry