This one day course aims to give participants all the skills and knowledge to effectively manage arc flash back in their workplace as arc flash is one of two leading causes of injuries and deaths in the electrical industry.
The course has been ‘peer reviewed’ by Brett Cleaves from Streamlined Energy, who is one of the leading experts in arc flash in Australia.
The content of the course includes:
- Regulatory context
- Understanding Arc Flash
- Arc Flash injuries
- Injury Management
- Common causes of Arc Flash
- Relevant Australian and overseas standards
- Arc flash Management including:
- Risk evaluation and risk control
- Qualifications and training
- Design new or retrofit equipment
- Protection issues
- Installation issues
- Operating switchgear
- Maintenance practices to reduce the risk
- Testing safely
- Arc studies including calculations and analysis
- Human factors leading to incidents
- PPE selection and issues
- Tasks not requiring arc rated PPE
- Job planning
- Case studies
- Investigating an arc flash incident
Online trainees – You have 45 days to complete this course once you are enrolled.
Further detail on this valuable course is provided in our flyer.
“You realise how important it is to do this training after you have done the course.”Michael Paix – Paix & Henderson Electrical Contractors
“Chris Halliday and the PowerLogic team have created a comprehensive arc flash awareness course. I was fortunate to get a chance to review and was impressed by the quality of the material. The online modules have been broken up to allow for a full day, or self paced with the longest module about 30 minutes.”Brett Cleaves – Director of Engineering at Streamlined Energy
“Comprehensive course that is highly beneficial to many in the electrical industry. The pace of the course is just right. Excellent presentation! Excellent skills and knowledge gained. I would definitely recommend this course to my colleagues.”Michael